The American Express Essential® Credit Card review
Here's an in-depth review of The American Express Essential® Credit Card, including its benefits and drawbacks. Learn what you should consider before applying for this card.
The American Express Essential® Credit Card: Streamline your life with less hassle and more rewards!
Are you looking for a credit card that offers flexible spending options, rewards, and more? Then The American Express Essential® Credit Card might be your ideal sidekick.
- Credit Score: You need a good score. Plus, no history of payment default or bad debt to qualify for this card.
- Annual Fee: There are no monthly or annual fees attached to the American Express Essential®.
- Intro offer: Newcomers can earn $100 back once they meet the spending requirements ($1,500 within the first 3 months).
- Rewards: Earn 1.25 points on all purchases (except for government bodies), and 1 point on government bodies expenses in Australia.
- P.A.: The card has a 16.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Other Fees: Overseas currency exchange is 3%, and late payment fees are up to $30.
With this no-annual-fee card in hand, you can enjoy plenty of perks and benefits that come with membership – the perfect everyday companion for all of life’s little adventures.
The American Express Essential® Credit Card comes packed with little extras for added convenience and flexibility, allowing you to get a lot more value for your money without paying for hefty fees.
So keep reading our full review to learn about everything this incredible card can do for you, and why it’s one of Australia’s best offerings at the moment!
The American Express Essential® Credit Card: What can you expect?
The American Express Essential® is an ideal choice for those seeking a simple and straightforward way to manage their finances. With no annual fee, and access to a full suite of online services, you’ll be able to keep track of your spending with ease.
You can start with the right foot by earning $100 back once you apply! How? By simply making $1,500 on purchases within the first three months of membership.
As for rewards, the card offers 1.25 on everything except for government bodies – which you’ll earn 1 point back.
To sweeten the deal, The American Express Essential offers a low 16.99% p.a. on purchases and a host of extra perks to make your life much easier, like 55 interest-free days and enhanced protection services.
You will be redirected to another website
Do the pros outweigh the cons?
With so many different cards to choose from nowadays, it can be difficult knowing which one best meets your financial needs.
To help make that decision easier, let’s take an in-depth look at the pros and cons of this particular card.
- Receive $100 back once you meet the spending requirements as a new member;
- Take advantage of The American Express Essential’s $0 annual fee;
- Earn 1.25x Membership Rewards points on every card swipe (except for government purchases, which are worth 1 point);
- You can transfer your American Express Essential points to 8 airline loyalty programs!
- The American Express Essential® does not offer balance transfers or cash advances.
What are the eligibility requirements?
You can easily qualify for The American Express Essential® Credit Card if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident over the age of 18.
You also need a healthy credit history and agree to access statements online through Amex.
Learn how to request The American Express Essential® Credit Card
With its great benefits, no annual fee and an easy online application process, The American Express Essential® Credit Card is an excellent choice for those seeking an all-around reliable piece of plastic.
Check the following link to learn how you can apply and how the entire process works. We’ll streamline everything so you can easily get your card as soon as today!
About the author / Aline Barbosa
Household Capital Loans review: Get the financing you need – no matter your age
Ready to upgrade your home loan? Get all the information you need right here with our comprehensive Household Capital Loans review.Keep Reading
Best Apps for Calorie Counting: The Ultimate Guide for Aussies
Dive into Australia's top picks for the best apps for calorie counting. Boost your health journey with our expert recommendations!Keep Reading
Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard review: Freedom from Pesky Credit Card Fees
Discover a credit card without an annual fee that offers rewards! Learn all about the Coles No Annual Fee Mastercard in our review.Keep Reading
You may also like
See how to apply for the Cashngo Loans
Need some quick cash? With fast and easy loans of up to $2,000, find out how to apply for a CashnGo Loan today. Read on!Keep Reading
ANZ First Credit Card: Effortless Financial Control!
Unlock the benefits of the ANZ First Credit Card to make an informed choice! Learn about its robust security, flexible payments, and more!Keep Reading