Credit Cards (US)
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card review
If you're looking for a high-end travel credit card, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® is definitely worth checking out. But is it right for you? Read our review to find out.
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card: Get a welcome bonus that’s worth a $900 travel redemption!
Are you looking for a credit card with great travel rewards and top-notch benefits? The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card may be the perfect fit! This premium travel credit card offers incredible value in exchange for an annual fee.
With a fantastic rewards rate on dining and travel plus a generous signup bonus, there’s no better way to jumpstart your travels and vacation plans.
On top of that, this card has some unbeatable perks like Priority Pass™ access to over 1,300 international airport lounges!
- Credit Score: You need an excellent score to qualify for the Sapphire Reserve®.
- Annual Fee: This card has a $550 annual fee (plus $75 for each authorized user).
- Intro offer: New members can get 60,000 points as long as they make $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of membership.
- Rewards: $300 annual travel credit, 10x points on hotels/car rentals booked through Chase’s Travel program and 5x points on flights using the same method. 3x on other types of travel purchases and dining. 1 point per dollar everywhere else.
- APRs: A standard variable APR between 20.74% and 27.74% applies on purchases and balance transfers. The cash advance APR is 28.74% variable.
- Other Fees: 5% cash advance and balance transfer fees. Up to $40 for late and return payments.
This versatile card offers a multitude of benefits that will help make all your purchases easier and more convenient while also helping you maximize rewards.
All without sacrificing any of the flexibility or security you need to feel confident spending with confidence.
So, are you ready to take your travels to the next level? Then keep reading our Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card review.
Find out more about why this card can be your ticket to amazing experiences around the world.
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card: What can you expect?
Issued by Chase, the Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card is designed to turn your traveling into unforgettable experiences.
This card is an excellent choice if you’re seeking maximum rewards from exquisite travel and lifestyle benefits.
Expect generous points for each dollar spent on travel and dining, plus a statement credit off the TSA PreCheck® program or Global Entry.
With the Sapphire Reserve®, you can also take advantage of Lounge Access privileges in over 1,300 airport lounges around the world.
Points are easily redeemable and are worth 50% more when you redeem them through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
New card members also have the ability to earn 60,000 bonus points after meeting the minimum spending requirements within the first three months.
But all of that does come at a price. The Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card charges a high annual fee of $550.
Plus, there’s no promo introductory APR, and the standard variable is high as well, up to 27.74%.
You will be redirected to another website
Do the pros outweigh the cons?
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card has a lot of great benefits that make it worth considering when choosing a credit card.
However, there are a couple of negative aspects that may influence your final decision. See them below.
- Outstanding welcome bonus, worth $900 on travel when redeemed through their travel rewards program;
- $300 annual travel credit, which helps offset the cost of the annual fee;
- Amazing rewards rate on travel and dining purchases, with 50% more value when redeemed through Chase’s rewards programs;
- Airport lounge access to over 1,300 lounges in more than 500 cities worldwide;
- $100 statement credit reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® .
- Perfect for taking abroad since there are no foreign transaction charges.
- If you’re not traveling frequently, the $550 might not be worth it;
- You need an excellent credit score and high income to qualify;
- There’s no introductory APR period.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Applying for the Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card is, for many, an attractive prospect.
However, there are certain eligibility requirements that must be met. To be eligible for this credit card, applicants must meet Chase’s minimum income requirement.
You also need to be over the age of majority with a valid SSN and U.S. housing address.
Chase thoroughly reviews your credit history, so you need a FICO score of at least 720 to qualify as well.
Learn how to request the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card
Ready to experience the superior rewards and journey of a lifetime that the Sapphire Reserve® Credit Card has to offer?
Requesting yours is just a few clicks away. Check the following link for a complete walkthrough of the online process!
About the author / Aline Barbosa
See how to apply for the Quicksilver Rewards for Students Credit Card
Ready to start building your credit? Learn how to apply for the Quicksilver Rewards for Students Credit Card and get started today!Keep Reading
What is the meaning of YOLO?
Do you know the meaning of yolo? This post will tell you everything you need to know about the popular acronym.Keep Reading
You may also like
The most expensive houses in the US: how much can they cost?
If you like luxury, these expensive houses located in the U.S. will be interesting to you. Read this post to see how much they cost.Keep Reading
What are sustainable finances?
Find out what sustainable finances are and how you can make small changes to your investment to have a big impact on the environment!Keep Reading
Capital One Spark 2X Miles Credit Card review: Travel Like a Pro
Read our in-depth Capital One Spark 2X Miles Credit Card review, complete with cashback rewards, no annual fee, and more.Keep Reading