Credit Cards (US)
The Platinum Card® from American Express review
If you're looking for a premium travel card, the Platinum Card® from American Express is worth considering. But is it right for you? Read our review to find out.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Enrollment may be required for select American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Partner Offer through CreditCards.com
The Platinum Card® from American Express: Upgrade your experiences to a whole new level!
If you’re looking for a credit card that offers prestige and convenience, you’ll want to check out our The Platinum Card® from American Express review.
This is one of the most popular cards in the market today, and for good reason.
The card offers exclusive rewards programs, travel perks, and access to exclusive events and experiences for its members.
And it doesn’t stop there! You’ll have access to exclusive payment choices, purchase protection, extended warranty and much more.
- Credit Score: You need a score between good and excellent to qualify.
- Annual Fee: The card has a $695 annual fee. Rates & Fees
- Intro offer: Once you spend at least $6,000 within the first 6 months of membership, you’ll earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Points. (Terms apply)
- Rewards: You can earn 5x points on flights (up to $500,000 per calendar year) and hotel bookings made through Amex Travel. You’ll also earn 1x points on other purchases made with your card. (Terms apply)
- APRs: See Pay Over Time APR – The variable APR on eligible charges is between 20.24% and 27.24%. Cash advances are 29.49% variable. Rates & Fees
- Other Fees: 5% or $10 – whichever is greater for cash advances. Up to $40 on late and returned payments. Rates & Fees
The Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the most sought-after rewards cards because it offers an array of features and benefits that are designed to make life easier, and much more rewarding.
In this The Platinum Card® from American Express review, we’ll discuss the various features and perks to see if it’s worth your while.
We’ll also take a closer look at the fees or drawbacks associated with owning it. So keep reading to learn more!
You will be redirected to another website
The Platinum Card® from American Express: What can you expect?
The Platinum Card® from American Express is a great choice for those looking to upgrade their spending experience. It comes with a $695 annual fee, but the amount of benefits make it well worth the cost.
With this card, you’ll earn an incredible sign-up bonus and an advantageous rewards rate on travel-related purchases when booked through Amex’s travel program.
With exclusive access to luxury experiences, you’re sure to feel pampered every time you use it.
The card offers over $1,500 in platinum value across the board. Meaning you’ll get valuable annual credit for all the segments you love like dining, entertainment and travel.
You’ll also get additional benefits such as Amex’s Pay Over Time feature and protection services.
When you combine all of these benefits with the 24/7 customer service support that comes with being a cardholder, it’s easy to see why The Platinum Card® from American Express is such a great choice for those who are looking to get the most out of their experiences.
Do the pros outweigh the cons?
This card has an endless set of benefits, but it’s not without drawbacks. So, is it worth signing up for? See the good and the bad next in our The Platinum Card® from American Express review.
- Amex now lets you pre-qualify for this card with a soft inquiry;
- Incredible signup bonus, which means you’ll earn as soon as you get the card;
- Good rewards rate on travel and dining experiences through Amex Travel;
- $1,500 in annual credit involving dining, travel and entertainment experiences;
- Luxury travel perks such as access to airport lounges, airline fee credit, hotel credit, no foreign transaction fees, fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck® and more;
- The $695 annual fee might be an impediment if you’re not a frequent traveler;
- Low rewards rate outside of travel benefits.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers a range of exclusive benefits for its members. To be eligible for the card, you must have an excellent credit rating and meet certain income requirements.
You’ll need to provide proof of your current address and two forms of valid identification. As an additional requirement, you must be at least 18 years old.
Learn how to request The Platinum Card® from American Express
Are you ready to level-up your credit card game? Now that you’ve read The Platinum Card® from American Express, it’s time to learn how you can apply for it.
Check the following link for a complete walkthrough of the process.
About the author / Aline Barbosa
What are the best dog food delivery services of 2022?
Learn the best dog food delivery services of 2022 so you can have the best quality food for your pooch delivered right to your door.Keep Reading
Best options trading book: top 5 readings to trade like a pro
Options trading doesn’t have to be complicated. With this list of the best options trading book, you’ll become an expert!Keep Reading
You may also like
Student loan debt forgiveness: Your ultimate guide!
In just a few weeks, the government will roll out a new student loan debt forgiveness program. Find out if you qualify and how to apply.Keep Reading
Spotify has a new karaoke feature!
Do you want to be the life of the party? Here's how to get the Spotify Karaoke feature going and show your friends your singing talent.Keep Reading